You are still worried because your Hitron modem lights showing unexpected errors and behaving strangely. It happens once in a while with every modem and router it gets malfunction or due to some hardware issue, it started behaving strangely.
So don’t panic too much. And all the changes initially noticed from light labels.
Hitron modem has sets of notifications light labeled according to their function. If Hitron modem lights troubleshooting any, first of all, start to understand its light label.
Why does my modem have an orange light? Why does Hitron router light blue or green light flashing at the front of the modem or router? All LED lights are in front of the modem.
So, in this article, you will understand Rogers Hitron modem lights meaning, what is their ideal state? And if any problems occur, how can you fix them yourself, if you don’t have any technical or electrical knowledge.
Let’s see step by step process.
Also Read: Orbi Flashing White Light: 11 Reasons & Working Solutions.
Hitron modem light’s meaning chart.
There are total 9 LED lights on the modem with different working aspects labeled on them. I will go through the top to bottom one by one, and share with you the what is the ideal color of the modem and what happens with the color of the LED light when it malfunctions if having any trouble with it.
Basically, Hitron modem router indicates only two-color Green and Blue Only. See the below table and understand your problems.
|Label Name||State||Meaning||Ideal Color|
|Power||Light is OFF||The router is successfully found and connected to the downstream frequency network.|
|Light is ON||Modem power is ON and receiving the power supply.||Solid Green|
|Downstream (⬇)||Flashing Green||Hitron modem device is searching for downstream frequency.|
|Solid Green||The downstream connection is on channel bonding.|
|Solid Blue||The router is successfully found and connected to the upstream frequency network.||Solid Blue|
|Light is OFF||There is no downstream connection|
|Upstream (⬆)||Flashing Green||Hitron modem device is searching for Upstream frequency on the network.|
|Solid Green||The upstream connection is on channel bonding.|
|Solid Blue||The router and modem are successfully connected to the network or service provider and transmitting data normally.||Solid Blue|
|Light is OFF||There is no upstream connection|
|Status (@)||Solid Blue||Route and modem are trying to establish connection between “Cable Modem Termination System”||Solid Blue|
|Flashing Blue||Route and modem are trying to establish a connection between “Cable Modem Termination System”|
|LAN/Ethernet||Light OFF||The device is connected to LAN port but data is not transmitting.|
|Solid Green||The device is connected to LAN port and data is transmitting to the connected device.|
|Flashing Green||WPS is trying to establish successful connection.||Flashing Green|
|2.4 G||Light OFF||2.4 G wireless network is not active.|
|Solid Green||2.4 G Network is active but data is not transmitting to the device.|
|Flashing Green||2.4 G Network is active and also data is transmitting to the device.||Flashing Green|
|5.0 G||Light OFF||5.0 G wireless network is not active.|
|Solid Green||5.0 G Network is active but data is not transmitting to the device.|
|Flashing Green||5.0 G Network is active and also data is transmitting to the device.||Flashing Green|
|Voice||Light is OFF||When light service is OFF, voice service is not available to the network.|
|Light is ON||Voice service is available and the phone is on the hook.||Solid Green|
|WPS||Light is OFF||WPS is unavailable.|
|Light is ON||WPS is available.||Solid Green|
|Light is blinking.||The device is connected to USB port and data is transmitting to the connected device.|
|USB||Light is OFF||No device is connected to USB port.|
|Light is Blinking Green.||The device is connected to USB port but data is not transmitting to the connected device.||Blinking Green|
|Light is Solid Green||Device is connected to USB port but data is not transmitting to the connected device.|
Hitron modem light’s different state and their fixes.
When modem is connected to the powered supply, and it is working normally without any issue, its notification LED light indicates solid green color when it receives power current.
- Ideal Light Color: Solid Green.
- Meaning: Modem is powered ON and receiving the power supply.
- Green Light ON: In Hitron modem, green light is ON, which means modem is receiving power supply and is ready for use. And also ready to transmit data to connected devices.
- Green Light OFF: Hitron modem lights green is OFF, which means modem is not receiving power supply.
Also Read: Understand Spectrum Modem Lights Label.
How to fix if power is troubleshooting?
If Hitron modem troubleshooting, might be power light is still OFF after powering it, either blinking continuously or after an interval of time.
Possibilities could be any of three. So, will how you figure out and fix the issue. Here is what you can do to solve the issue.
- First of all, check, unplug, and plug the modem socket. If this didn’t work move to the second step.
- Unplug the power cable from both ends, from the modem and power board, and then plug it in. Now check for the connection.
- Check the cable wire, if there is any kind of physical damage
- Check socket board with tester for power supply available in the board.
- Now, replace the cable wire with a new one and plug it into another socket.
If the above solutions didn’t fix the power issue, it means some inner electrical component is damaged. Now, you should consult with customer support or an experienced electrician.
- Ideal Light Color: Solid Blue.
- Meaning: Hitron modem device is searching for downstream frequency for connection.
- Flashing Green: Modem is searching for downstream frequency and when it is successfully established the connection to the modem turn flashing green to solid blue.
- Solid Green: Modem is locked to the downstream frequency.
- Solid Blue: Modem WiFi is locked on downstream channel bonding.
- Light Off: There is no any downstream activity on the router modem currently going.
Also Read: Top 10 Fix, Xfinity Modem Blinking Green.
- Ideal Light Color: Solid Blue when everything is working fine.
- Meaning: Device is using upstream frequency to establish connection.
- Flashing Green Color: When Hitron modem is searching for upstream frequency, it will flash green for some seconds until it successfully establishes connection.
- Solid Green Color: Hitron upstream light glows solid green only when the gateway successfully establishes connection and locks on the upstream frequency.
- Solid Blue Color: Modem WiFi is locked on upstream channel bonding.
- Light OFF: There is no activity going on in the upstream state.
- Ideal Color: Solid Blue.
- Meaning: Hitron modem gateway is successfully connected with the service provider and ready to transmit data.
- Flashing Blue: Route and modem are trying to establish a connection between the “Cable Modem Termination System”
- Solid Blue: The device is established successfully in connection with the cable modem termination system (CMTS), and is now ready to transmit data.
- Ideal LAN Color: Flashing Green.
- Meaning: It shows the connection is established.
- Light OFF: If light is OFF, it means no device is connected to it.
- Flashing Green: Device is connected to the LAN port and modem gateway is transmitting data to the connected device, either receiving or sending.
- Solid Green: Device is connected to the LAN port but there is no data transmission from modem gateway to connected device.
Also Read: Verizon Router Yellow Light: What It Means & How To Fix It.
How to fix if, device is connected to LAN port but not responding?
Sometimes it happens, you connect the device to LAN port via ethernet cable, but the ideal light is not responding, or there is no activity in the Hitron modem’s LAN light.
The reasons could be many, and most probably, modem is in trouble, that’s why it is not turning ON the LED light on the modem. So lets see the step-by-step process to fix the issue yourself.
- First of all, unplug and then plug ethernet cable from both ends, from modem side and connected device side.
- Check if there is any physical damage on the ethernet cable.
- Clean both ethernet pin and jack. If still problem assists, move to the next step.
- Replace the previous ethernet cable with a new one, and this will be good it you also replace both ethernet cable pins.
These are the first steps you should take, and most of the chance these work because due to dust particles, LAN shows error.
If you did all the above steps, and still getting the issue. You should contact Hitron customer support or contact a well-experienced electrician.
- Ideal light color: Flashing Green.
- Meaning: Modem wifi status is active and transmitting data.
- Light OFF: When this light is off, it means 2.4G/5.0G wireless wifi network is not active. You have to enable, this wifi network from settings menu, then this network will work.
- Flashing Green: Flashing light mean 2.4G/5.0G wireless network is active and transmitting data (sending and receiving) to the connected devices.
- Solid Green: Flashing light means 2.4G/5.0G wireless network is active but not transmitting data (sending and receiving) to the connected devices.
- Ideal Color: Solid Green.
- Meaning: Shows connection of the device through voice call.
- Light is ON: Voice service is available and the phone is on the hook.
- Light is OFF: When light service is OFF, voice service is not available to the network.
- Ideal Color: Solid Green.
- Meaning: WPS is ready for connection and transmitting data.
- Light is OFF: WPS is OFF.
- Light is ON: WPS is ON but the connection is not established.
- Light is Blinking: WPS is trying to establish a successful connection.
- Ideal Color: Flashing Green.
- Meaning: Gateway is connected and data is transmitting.
- Light OFF: No device is connected to the USB port.
- Flashing Green: Device is connected to a USB port and data is transmitting to the connected device.
- Solid Green: Device is connected to a USB port but data is not transmitting to the connected device.
Frequently Asked Questions.
Flashing green is the ideal color for Hitron modem gateway because, when the notification LED light flashes green it means the modem gateway is successfully connected to device and data is transmitting to the connected device.
First of all, check power light is working on the Hitron modem, if it is working then look for status (@) if it is solid blue then, everything is okay. But if you are connected your device via an ethernet cable then you have to look for LAN LED light, if it is flashing Green then modem is working (Sending and Receiving data).
Of course, Roger and Hitron are completely different companies, although both are internet service providers, and their modem light labels and their meanings are completely different.
Blinking light is common on Hitron modem, if your modem is flashing any light it means any activity is going through the modem gateway.
Hey! This is Ravi, Technology Youtuber | Blogger by Passion | Entrepreneur by Nature. I love to share information related to Digital Marketing, Blogging, Technology, Gadgets, the Internet, and solving user’s quarries.